If the current roof on your commercial building or facility needs to be replaced, there are a few things you need to take into account in order to ensure a successful, efficient job. Here are some of the most important considerations to make when replacing a commercial roof.
1. Roofing contractor: A commercial roof replacement is not something that can be taken lightly. It requires the knowledge, skills and experience of respected roofing professionals. So, make sure to do thorough research and choose a licensed, insured and bonded roofing contractor from the local area to prevent expensive complications down the road.
2. Budget: Knowing the budget for the roof replacement will help you put things into perspective and prioritize significant elements. Keep in mind that not all roofs are made the same. Some look beautiful, but are not energy-efficient while others have high upfront costs but low lifecycle costs.
3. Building codes: Building codes help narrow down your roofing options and ensure your new roof is compliant with the safety standards for buildings. A local roofer will know the ins and outs of planning and installing a commercial roof and is mindful of the general welfare of future occupants.
4. Roofing equipment: When planning a commercial roof replacement, think about the equipment that will be installed on top of the roof like solar panels. The contractor needs to make sure that the new roof will be able to bear the additional weight of those rooftop items.
5. Energy efficiency: Using energy-efficient materials will help reduce the heating and cooling bills of your building, thus helping save a lot of money in the future. It will also boost the overall value and performance of the roofing system.
Certified Roofing Solutions, LLC is a premier source of residential and commercial roofing solutions in Central and North Florida. Our certified professionals are committed to providing the comfort and efficiency you need through industry-leading products and excellent customer service. Call us at (888) 910-3746, or fill out our contact form to request a free, no-obligation estimate.